Sunday, July 24, 2011

My Research Finding about Starting a Placement Agency

I've been researching about starting a placement agency that would cater local clients. The interest sprouted because I also find it hard to find a maid or store attendant for myself. My father who is a police tried to use his connections to find some maids. Fortunately, he has a friend who refers to us some maid, but in exchange, that person asks for compensation which is P1000. I know that would be illegal and that would be considered "illegal recruitment" as she refers to us some sort of labor and she does it without license. So in a way, this helped me find interest in searching for some information about the laws that regulate starting a placement agency. I started searching for subcontracting and requirements of the Labor Code and the Department of Labor and Employment for this kind of business. So far, I've found the following links:


Department Order No. 18-02 (Series of 2002) [Rules Implementing Articles 106 to 109 of the Labor Code, as Amended]

Department Order No. 03 (Series of 2001) [Revoking Department Order No. 10, Series of 1997, and Continuing to Prohibit Labor-Only Contracting]

DOLE Primer on Contracting and Subcontracting Under Articles 106 to 109 of the Labor Code

Department Order No. 10 (Series of 1997) [Amending the Rules Implementing Books III and VI of the Labor Code, as Amended]


Among these, I find the DOLE PRIMER ON CONTRACTING AND SUBCONTRACTING easy to read and understand. It also states the difference between a Subcontractor and a Placement Agency.

There are still questions in my mind about starting a placement agency, and I'll research more about this in the near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment